I am very grateful to have been nominated for my first award by the lovely Reese, Jennifer, Lauren, Dee, Maria, and Katie! I have only been blogging for a little over three weeks, but I can already tell that creating this blog was an awesome idea. I don't have many followers as of now, yet that doesn't hold back my desire to post as much as possible for everyone to read. Anyway, as part of this nomination, I am obligated to pass on this award to fifteen fellow bloggers as well as state seven interesting facts about myself. Below are the blogs that I have chosen to receive this award. Each and every blog that I chose is fairly new, but should receive recognition for their efforts and hopefully one day have a very large following.
- Blissful Beauty
- Atomic Nony
- Wear and Tear Wardrobe
- Miss Jhoang
- Lace, Frills, and Lipstick
- Jordan Linna
- Alex in Wonderland
- Things I Purchase
- The Blushing Bride
- Petit Chatons
- Beauty Geek
- My Pursuit of Happiness
- Keep Moving Forward
- Hiding in Wonderland
- Raindrops on Roses
Now on to the seven interesting facts about myself, which may not be very "interesting" but I will try my best to entertain. I feel like I summarized most noteworthy things in my "About" section, but here goes nothing:
- I have a boyfriend with whom I have been dating for a little under a year now (our 11 month anniversary is actually today!) He is international and lives in Peru, but attends New York University with me. This past summer, I went to visit his home and family in Peru and had the opportunity to see Machu Picchu while I was there!
- I have played the piano for the past 7 years. I never had lessons, so I am entirely self taught. I began by listening to songs that I liked and playing them by ear. I am able to read music because I have played the flute since I was 6 years old.
- My dream is to live and work in New York City when I am older. Ever since I was in middle school, I have wanted to attend NYU and I already made that dream come true. Now my goal is to make a living in this amazing city.
- Aside from science, spanish has always been a passion of mine. Currently, spanish is one of my majors at NYU because I find the language so beautiful and romantic. As of now, I am near ly fluent grammatically and I get plenty of practice speaking to my boyfriend :)
- Although I live in NYC, I was born and raised in New Jersey. Considering Jersey only became "famous" recently due to MTV's "Jersey Shore," I thought most people would find it interesting that I am only about 30 minutes from there.
- I have read every single sonnet and every play (except the histories) by William Shakespeare. I guess you could say I am a bit obsessed. I live by the quote "All the World's a Stage" and it can be found on basically anything of importance to me.
- My favorite types of music are indie and alternative rock. Even though they broke up, my favorite band is and will always be "Eye Alaska." They have such a unique sound that combines live orchestra and amazing vocals. Give them a listen!
|Me and my boyfriend on Halloween (we were Luigi and Peach!)|
|Cusco, Peru - Summer 2011|
|Me and the boyfriend again :)|